This page was exported from SLAM STUDIO
Export date: Mon Mar 25 3:59:44 2019 / +0000 GMT
About Slam Studio
About Slam Studio
Slam Studio is a Web project of Poezin organisation.
Mapping of slam poets and poetry performers in Serbia;
Producing works about slam poetry and the slam scene;
Organizing slam poetry and performing workshops;
Realization of slam poetry presentations;
Networking and cooperation with slam poets, poetry performers and organisations from the region and the worldwide.
Short Poezin presentation
POEZIN'S mission is the establishment of a new poetic scene in Serbia and building bridges with similar organizations in the region and the worldwide.
Our mission is realized by mapping of slam poets and poetry performers in Serbia, producing works about slam poetry and the slam scene, organizing slam poetry and performing workshops, realization of slam poetry presentations and networking and cooperation with slam poets and poetry performers from the region and the worldwide.
Poezin in details
Citizens Association " Poezin " - established in October 3rd, 2011 in Belgrade.
Description of the activities of the association: Activities of other membership organizations based on the membership .
Description of economic activity of the Association: Book publishing.
Street: 12 Susedgradska.
The representative of the Association: Milan Mijatovic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Site 1: http://www.slamstudio.org/
Site 2: http://www.poezin.net/
Activities / Projects
Piñero Poetry Festival Project was realized on June 17, 2018 at the Petak Club in Belgrade, 14 Lomina Street. The funds for the Festival were provided with a crowdfunding campaign. Piñero Poetry Festival was founded on the foundations of solidarity and resourcefulness of people who are not associated with gender, nation or capital, but only with the willingness to cast an interesting verse in a laid back and cheerful audience. The aim of the Festival's organizers was to bring the budget support and dependence on project financing in Serbia to absurd and to show that the alternative poetic scene could live without the favor of state and city institutions. The Festival was created at a time when the apparent intention of the governing structure is to remove all the participators in culture that do not represent the quasi-national and quasi-traditional perception of it and that are not ‘'auxiliary'' non-governmental organizations of the political party in power.
- ‘'THE POETS OF POEZIN IN NOVI PAZAR'' Project was carried out on December 15, 2017 in Klub Heroja in Novi Pazar. The event was organized by ‘'UG Firma'' members from Novi Pazar in cooperation with ‘'Poezin'' organization and the activists of ‘'Foundation Front''. The project was supported by the Association of the Independent Cultural Scene of Serbia (NKSS). The aim of the project was to involve as many young people as possible from Novi Pazar in contemporary cultural flows and to establish quality cooperation between Belgrade cultural scene and the cultural scene of Novi Pazar.
– "Poetski grad Festival" Project was organized on September 24, 2016 and on Septembar 26, 2015 in Magacin space, in Belgrade, Kraljevića Marka 4. The project was supported by the Secretariat of Culture of Belgrade. Festival was a competition and brought together young artists and authors from Belgrade and other major cities in Serbia, who write and perform poetry. The aim of the project was the inclusion of a greater number of young people from Belgrade to contemporary cultural trends and cultural events in Belgrade. This project continues the “Poetry of the city” Festival from 2014.
-The ''POETRY OF THE CITY" Festival - Project was realized on December 30, 2014, at Peron club in Belgrade. The project was supported by the Secretariat of Culture of Belgrade. The festival was a competitive event that brought together young artists and authors from Belgrade and other major cities in Serbia, who write and perform poetry. The aim of the project was to include as many young people from Belgrade in contemporary cultural trends and Belgrade's cultural events.
"HAND AND VOICE" Project - cultural activities of the persons with disabilities (twice realized in 2014 and 2016). The project was supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Serbia. The partner organization on the project was UTLOSS - Association of Interpreters for the Hearing Impaired of Serbia. The aim of the project was the inclusion of the people with hearing impairments in the cultural and social trends, and the work on cultural activities of persons with disabilities. Young people with hearing impairments used sign language and, in collaboration with poets, passed on to the audience their experiences, problems and poetics. In this way they overcame barriers in communication by the integration of complementary skills.
- "HAND AND VOICE" Artistic Presentation was held in 2016 in Cultural Centre MAGACIN in Belgrade , Kraljevica Marka 4 St. and then repeated in the School for Children with Hearing Impairment "Radivoj Popovic" in Zemun;
- "HAND AND VOICE" Artistic Presentation was held in 2014, in Belgrade Youth Centre, and was repeated at the "VREVA" Festival. A documentary film was made about the presentation produced by the "WE HEAR YOU" ("Čujemo vas") Citizens' Association.
Photo galleries: link (2016)
Photo galleries: link (2014)
Video (Youtube): link (2014)
- “ROMA, ENGAGED POETRY” - event was organized in an alternative cultural center ‘'Panic Room-Žica'', 5, Kraljevica Marka Str. in Belgrade, on February 14th, 2013. The permanent cooperation with Romani artists, musicians and poets has been established.
- ''CULTURE IN PROTEST'' Festival - Project was held on November 1-2, 2013 in Belgrade, in an alternative cultural center ''Panic Room -Žica'' at 5 Kraljevica Marka St. "Culture in protest" Poetry Festival was held in the framework of the eponymous campaign of The Independent Cultural Scene of Serbia Association ( NKSS) with the aim of drawing attention to the importance of cultural and artistic production of civil society. The result was increased awareness of the problems of contemporary cultural scene.
-'' Festival on the Theme of Discrimination'' - Project was organized by POEZIN on November 11-12, 2012, in the ''ILEGALA'' club at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade (former "Industry" beneath the Plato bookstore) . The champion of the Festival, was awarded the opportunity to perform as Belgrade and Serbian champion, at the following European slam poetry festival in Brussels. The festival was organized by Poezin with the financial support of the Association of Independent Cultural Scene of Serbia (NKSS), in the framework of the project supported by the Swiss Cultural Programme in the Western Balkans. The result was a greater public interest in vulnerable social groups.
- Poezin, as a partner organization, was involved in the organization of ‘'Yugoslamia'' festival in Belgrade Youth Centre. The main organizer of this slam poetry festival was the Association of citizens ‘'The Alternative Collective'' (the event took place on October 16th, 2011). This was the first regional slam festival that was held in Belgrade. Slam poets and poetess from region performed on the festival and the special guest was famous American slam performer Caroline Harvey.
– Since inception, representatives of NGO “Poezin” organized hundreds of events of reading and poetry performance on stage. Since 2009, we have organized poetry events in 26 spaces in Belgrade.
The list of clubs and places where
Poezin organized events:
01. Academy Club in Belgrade in Rajićeva 10;
02. Žica Panic Room in Belgrade in Kraljevića Marka 5;
03. SKC Belgrade in Kralja Milana 48;
04. Bigz building in Belgrade (club Dragon Nest);
05. T. C. Staklenac in Belgrade, Makedonska 5 (club “II Sprat”);
06. Jazz club Čekanica in Belgrade (Bigz building);
07. “Underworld” Club, in Belgrade, near Vuk's Monument;
08. “Caffe Jovanka bez razloga” in Belgrade Skadarlija;
09. “ILEGALA Plato” Club in Belgrade – Faculty of Philosophy;
10. KC Grad in Belgrade, Braće Krsmanović 4;
11. Belgrade Youth Centre, Makedonska 22;
12. Sinnerman jazz club in Belgrade – in the building of the Union of Trade Unions of Serbia;
13. Remont Gallery in Belgrade, Marsala Birjuzova 7;
14.G12HUB Gallery in Belgrade in Karadjordjeva 59;
15. Peron Club Savamala in Belgrade, Braće Krsmanović 12;
16. Inex Film in Belgrade, Višnjička 76;
17. The Spanish bar Casa Garcia in Belgrade, Kraljevića Marka 19;
18. Magacin, in Belgrade, Kraljevića Marka 4;
19. Propaganda Club in Belgrade, Gospodar Jevremova 7;
20. Gavez Club in Belgrade, Ada Ciganlija;
21. Polet Club in Belgrade, Cetinjska 15;
22. Workshop ''Integration'' (theater) in Belgrade, Savska 9;
23. Club ,,Drum - Belgrade Underground Society'' (EX BLUE MOON) in Belgrade, Zmaj Jovina 4;
24. Club ,,Zappa Bar” in Belgrade, Kralja Petra 41;
25. Club ,,Petak'' (Club "Friday") in Belgrade, Lomina 14;
26. Klub SOUL Society – stari Bitef, in Belgrade, Knez Miletina 2.
Post date: 2014-12-11 21:15:39
Post date GMT: 2014-12-11 20:15:39
Post modified date: 2018-12-05 15:03:14
Post modified date GMT: 2018-12-05 14:03:14